Jon Ossoff Rakes In Millions From Donors In Hollywood, Washington D.C., And Outside Liberal Political Groups, But Not From The People He Claims He Wants To Represent
- It should come as no surprise that the money pouring in for Jon Ossoff, who does not live in GA-06, is coming from donors outside the congressional district Ossoff is running to represent.
- Jon Ossoff's first quarter financial records indicate that only five percent of his donations were contributed from people that live in Georgia.
- Millions of dollars came in from Hollywood donors, Democratic blogs and special interest organizations.
- These contributors are following suit with Nancy Pelosi and her Democrat lieutenants hoping to buy an election and send someone to Washington who will rubberstamp their liberal agenda.
Neither Jon Ossoff Nor The People Donating To His Campaign Actually Live In The District Ossoff Wants To Represent
Ossoff Does Not Live In The District He Wants To Represent. "The surprising early leader in the special election to replace Tom Price in Congress doesn't live in the district." ("Race To Replace Price: Leading In Polls, Ossoff Doesn't Live In District," 11 Alive ABC , 02/28/17)
On April 5, 2017, Democrat Jon Ossoff's Campaign Announced It Raised $8.3 Million Dollars During The First Quarter Of The Year. "Georgia Democrat Jon Ossoff raised $8.3 million during the first quarter of the year, his campaign announced Wednesday night." (Simone Pathe, "Georgia Democrat Jon Ossoff Raises $8.3M," Roll Call , 04/05/17)
Ossoff's Campaign Reported That 95 Percent Of His Donors Live Outside Of Georgia. "His campaign said 95 percent of the donors came from outside of Georgia, which means only a sliver of his contributors live in the district." (Greg Bluestein and Aaron Gould-Sheinin, "A Closer Look At Jon Ossoff's Epic Fundraising Haul," Atlanta Journal-Constitution , 04/08/17)
- $1.06 Million Dollars In Donations Came From Donors In California, New York And Massachusetts. "More than $500,000 came from California and another $400,000 came from New York. Massachusetts donors chipped in at least $160,000." (Greg Bluestein and Aaron Gould-Sheinin, "A Closer Look At Jon Ossoff's Epic Fundraising Haul," Atlanta Journal-Constitution , 04/08/17)
On April 7, 2017, Politico's Jake Sherman Pointed Out That Ossoff's Most Recent Financial Report Contained "Only 1 Of 15" Contributions From Georgia. "JON OSSOFF, the Dem running for Price's House seat in Ga, just filed a 48-hour finance report. Only one of 1 of 15 contribs from Georgia." (Jake Sherman, Twitter Feed , 04/07/17)
Ossoff Denies He Will Appeal "To A Narrow Range Of Interests Who Write Big Checks" But Millions Have Poured In From Select Liberal Blogs, Hollywood Elites, And Washington-Based Special Interest Groups
At The April 5th, 2017 Debate, Ossoff Explains His "Grassroots Fundraising" Allows Him To Be Accountable To A Broad Base And Not Appeal "To A Narrow Range Of Interests Who Write Big Checks" But One Of His Opponents Reveals That Two Specific Sources Alone Gave Him Millions. JON OSSOFF: "We've raised significant resources in average contributions of less than 50 dollars. That kind of grassroots fundraising changes the incentives that candidates face because rather than appealing to a narrow range of interests who write big checks, I am and other candidates who apply the same method will be accountable to a broad base of people who have dug deep for 30,40,50 dollars to support a candidate who supports their interests. MOHAMMAD ALI BHUIYAN: Thank you and I think this answer is consistent with your misinformation about the security qualifications. I looked at the FEC website. It shows over three million dollars came from two specific sources so those are not small." (Jon Ossoff, Remarks At The Atlanta Press Club's Loudermilk-Young GA-06 Debate, Atlanta, GA, 04/05/17)
Ossoff's Celebrity Donors Include Hollywood Actors, Actresses And TV Personalities. "Other Ossoff critics took shots at the celebrity names that studded the long list of donors, including actress Connie Britton, singer-songwriting legend Judy Collins, comedian Chelsea Handler, actor John Leguizamo and TV personality Rosie O'Donnell." (Greg Bluestein, "Why Jon Ossoff's Huge Fundraising Haul Is An Advantage And A Liability," Atlanta Journal-Constitution , 04/08/17)
Actor Jon Cryer And Comedian Chelsea Handler Gave The Maximum Donation They Could For Ossoff. "Comedian Chelsea Handler maxed out with a contribution of $2,700, as did actor Jon Cryer." (Lisa Hagen, "Celebrity Donations Help Fuel Georgia Dem's $8.3M Haul," The Hill , 04/06/17)
- Other Celebrity Donors Include John Leguizamo, Sam Waterston, Kristen Bell, Connie Britton, Jessica Lange, Lynda Carter And Rhea Perlman. " Actors including John Leguizamo, Sam Waterston, Kristen Bell, Connie Britton, Jessica Lange, Lynda Carter and Rhea Perlman all contributed to Ossoff's campaign, according to his Federal Election Commission (FEC) report made public on Thursday." (Lisa Hagen, "Celebrity Donations Help Fuel Georgia Dem's $8.3M Haul," The Hill , 04/06/17)
CNN's Eric Brandner Credits "Liberal Blog Daily Kos" For Catapulting Ossoff's Campaign By Raising More Than One Million Dollars. "But it was the involvement of the liberal blog Daily Kos that really catapulted Ossoff onto the national map. The blog has been the largest driver of Ossoff's eye-popping $4 million fundraising effort to date. It bested its previous fundraising record for a single candidate -- $412,000 for Elizabeth Warren in 2012 -- in a single week. Daily Kos's pro-Ossoff fundraising efforts crossed the $1 million mark on February 28." (Eric Bradner, "Dems Look South To Test Anti-Trump Strategy," CNN , 03/31/17)
- Politico Reported That Daily Kos Donated More Money To Ossoff "Than The Group Had Ever Directed To Any Campaign Other Than Elizabeth Warren's." "Daily Kos members have since donated nearly $400,000 to Ossoff - more than the group had ever directed to any campaign other than Elizabeth Warren 's 2012 Senate run." (Scott Bland, "Progressives Pour Cash Into Anti-Trump Resistance," Politico , 02/02/17)
Atlanta Journal-Constitution : "Washington-Based League Of Conservation Voters Bundled Nearly $40,000 For Him [Ossoff]." (Greg Bluestein and Aaron Gould-Sheinin, "A Closer Look At Jon Ossoff's Epic Fundraising Haul," Atlanta Journal-Constitution , 04/08/17)
- According To Open Secrets, League Of Conservation Voters Contributed Millions To Democratic Candidates In 2016. ( Open Secrets , Accessed 04/09/17)
- According To Open Secrets, League Of Conservation Voters' Viewpoint is "Liberal." (Open Secrets , Accessed 04/09/17)
Ossoff Also Received A "Progressive" Endorsement From End Citizens United PAC . "End Citizens United, a liberal political action committee, is throwing its weight behind Democrat Jon Ossoff in the race to replace Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price in Georgia's 6th District." (Simone Pathe, "Georgia Democrat Picks Up Progressive Endorsement," Roll Call , 02/22/17)
Liberals Nationwide Join Nancy Pelosi And Other Progressive D.C. Insiders Who Want to Insert Ossoff Into His Congressional Seat To Rubberstamp Their Far-Left Agenda
A Veritable Who's-Who Of Democratic Insiders Co-Hosted A Fundraiser For Ossoff In Washington D.C., Including Nancy Pelosi, Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) Chairman Ben Ray Lujan, And Many Others. "HOUSE DEMOCRATS HOST OSSOFF FUNDRAISER: The top House Democratic brass will host a fundraiser on Thursday at Democratic National Committee headquarters for Jon Ossoff, whom Democrats have seized on as their best shot at snapping up the conservative-leaning House seat in the Atlanta suburbs vacated by HHS Secretary Tom Price. Among the headliners: House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi; Minority Whip Steny Hoyer; Assistant Minority Leader Jim Clyburn; Caucus Chairman Joe Crowley; Caucus Vice Chairwoman Linda Sánchez; DCCC Chairman Ben Ray Luján; and Reps. Sanford Bishop, Hank Johnson, John Lewis and David Scott, all Georgia Democrats. The jungle primary for the special election is April 18." (Politico Influence, "House Democrats Host Ossoff Fundraiser," Politico , 03/13/17)
Former Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chairman Howard Dean's Political Action Committee Endorsed Ossoff. "Democracy for America, a political action committee founded by former Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean, is backing Ossoff, according to a statement obtained first by Roll Call. It's the group's first congressional endorsement of the 2018 cycle."(Simone Pathe, "Georgia Democrat Scores Another Major Liberal Endorsement," Roll Call , 03/03/17)
The Congressional Campaign Arm Of The Democratic Party Is Sending Staff To Georgia To Boost His Candidacy. "The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is sending staff to the district to boost Ossoff, who's one of five Democrats running in an 18-candidate jungle primary on April 18."(Simone Pathe, "Georgia Democrat Scores Another Major Liberal Endorsement," Roll Call , 03/03/17)
Special Occasions Holidays, Anniversaries and Celebrations